Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Season of Mists

Even though we had some summer barbecues like this:
 And some summer afternoon sunbathing like this:
It's actually been a pretty nice summer. For England. People in SoCal would in general be horrified with a summer of similar weather.

But even though summer officially doesn't end until the 21st, it's pretty much over here. Sunny days begin with that fall nip in the air with middle-of-the-day sunning on the lawn feeling absolutely perfect. The rest of the days we're dodging puddles, tramping through damp, brown leaves and wondering if the beginning of September is too early for turning on the heat. Do you play that game? "See how long we can get before turning on the heat"? I have a feeling I'm not going to make it until Thanksgiving like we did in California.

So far, I'm loving the novelty of fall. I love the air, the smells, getting to wear jackets and gloves and scarves. Has fall come to your home?

4 comments:

  1. I love fall! I bet it's fun for your family since SoCal doesn't exactly have a fall. While its humid here today, it has been cooler in the morning and warming up in the afternoon. Totally fall weather. Usually our leaves don't change until October, but I'm going to fully enjoy our last fall here on the East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky!!! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures; it is in the 90's here this week, and I am CrAnKeNsTeInEr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Shannon said a big NO to fall weather here! But the good news is that the weather man said things are a changing after this weekend, then I can soon start complaining about the cold lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything loos so beautiful. I believe the leaves turn here in November. Course we really need to drive to Zion to see the beautiful colors. There's not so many trees here. We have had unusual weather here for the last few weeks. It has been cloudy and rainy, and cooler. No one is complaining.

    ReplyDelete