Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Boden

You can't imagine how excited I was to get this little notice in the mail:

I was initially quite disappointed to find out there is no Boden store in Cambridge. Someday, hopefully soon, I plan on making a little pilgrimage to London sans children to check it out. In the meantime, this Boden clearance sale came to me.

I dropped off Anya at her school at 9 and went straight downtown, thinking I'd have plenty of time to enjoy a leisurely cup of cocoa. People were already lined up though, so I thought I'd better follow suit. By the time 10 o'clock came, the line was around the building. 
 I took a moment from the shopping frenzy to snap this picture. This first room you walk into has the children and teen clothes. I didn't realize at the time that this was the calm before the storm. The next room with all the adult clothes was so packed and intense that I forgot to take a picture. But you get the idea.
In the dressing room - another level of craziness - I kept looking around and wondering  how everyone else seemed to get so many cute items so quickly. Still, even feeling not up to par in the speed, competitive shopping arena, I managed to get two pairs of shoes and two sweaters for Anya, a skirt for me, and three sweaters for my ultra-picky Camille (which I will happily take if she rejects!). All for bargain prices! Still, I'm now even more curious what the London Boden shopping experience is like.

5 comments:

  1. Everyone likes a good deal! :) But, crowds like that in a small space would wear on me quickly. I should offer a congrats to acquiring some cute clothes! Did Camille like the things you picked out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I become more jealous with every experience you post... but I am so glad you are sharing! ;) You've hit Boden, CK, Harrod's; can you squeeze in a photo tour of Toast and Emma Bridgewater? That would be perfect, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess I didn't know what Boden is, but I am glad you were successful in fighting your way through the crowd to find some things you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, she SAYS she likes them. The problem with shopping for Camille though, is that she says she likes the item, takes off the tags, wears it once, and THEN decides it's too itchy, tight, etc., etc. But Ha! this time I've foiled her because I'll happily take her discards.

    Shannon, I'll save those for when you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if I would enjoy the crowds.... But I'm sure I would brave them for a great deal ;) glad you were successful

    ReplyDelete