Thursday, November 21, 2013

Advent Calendars

It could very well be that they sell advent calendars everywhere this time of year in America. I'm not the most observant of people. Lately, here, that's what I've been noticing as I've been shopping around town - advent calendars everywhere!
Cute little advent calendar cards
 Advent calendar Cambridge style
 Chocolate shop advent
 Beatrix Potter advent
Grocery store advent
 gingerbread cookie advent
 Of course you need your advent tea lights
 Pretty Germany paper advents
 English country-house advent
Pop-up advent
 Finger nail polish advent
Toy advents

What I am sad about is that I didn't realize how fast these things sell out. The popular drug store Boots had an advent calendar filled with make-up, lotions, bath gels and such that sold out immediately. Some make-up brands had their own calendars that sold out fast too. I really wish my kids were into Legos so I could buy one of the Lego advents. That seems so fun for kids. Now I can't decide between the rest. Do I buy another advent calendar or stick with our traditional one we pull out every year?

2 comments:

  1. As they say "when in Rome..." It seems to me that with so many options, you really should have more than one calendar! My vote is for gingerbread. And chocolate. And the darling little calendar in the top right of the first photo, the one with all of the little houses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I have been looking for one for Sean and Audrey and can't find one I like. I need to be there apparently.....:) or if I had more time I could make a cute one, I've seen them on pinterest....but alas there is only so much time in a day!

    ReplyDelete