Friday, August 8, 2014

Cute Houses of the South

We went on a short trip to southern England last week, giving me an opportunity to add more pictures to my cute houses of England collection.
This stone street is in the old fishing village of Boscastle, on the coast of Cornwall. It looks ready to go for some period film.
In the nearby seaside village of Tintagel is this medieval stone cottage.Can you tell from the photo that the slate roof is caving in?
I've informed Mike that this is what my future English country home is going to look like. I love the stone. There's sheep baa-ing in the background. It's next to a large deer park (no deer, just rolling countryside and some trees). And the house comes with a guest home, swimming pool and walled garden. That's not too much to ask, is it?
The houses in the Somerset village of Montacute are all made from this golden-colored stone.
The little sign by the door says this one is the "Milk House."

The village of Avebury in Wiltshire is full of picture-perfect homes, complete with roses and white picket fences.
This stone Avebury home has views of the ancient stone circles.


Another home in lovely Avebury.

I discovered not everyone shares my interest in looking at cute homes, partly because my girls barely acknowledge my exclamations, and partly because I had to fish some of these pictures out of Mike's discard file. I find looking at the different homes part of the charm of travel though.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love. If we ever go to England together, we can spend days on end just looking at cute houses! And taking breaks to eat scones with clotted cream ;)

    ReplyDelete