Saturday, June 21, 2014

Anniversary

This last week we celebrated our one year anniversary of being in England. After I convinced my children that admitting there are things they like about England is in no way a sign of disloyalty to America, we each came up with a list of three things we like about living in England. Mine I won't share, as it will just be a repeat of things I'm always mentioning in this blog. Here's what the rest of the family came up with:

Mike:
Convenient to visiting different parts of the world
Living in a city
Beautiful countryside

Anya:
Checking off locations from her Monopoly English Heritage game
Kids are friendlier
The buildings are made of bricks

Camille:
Crumpets and scones and really good salted butter
School (she likes her teachers and classes)
English accents

Sometimes it's hard to be away, but it was nice to take a moment to think about what we love about our temporary home.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! From those lists, I would most like convenience of visiting different parts of the world, beautiful countryside, brick (or stone) buildings and delicious scones! Even though the girls miss living in CA, I bet when you are back on this side of the pond they will miss England. :)

    p.s. - delicious looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love England, California and Washington. I'd like to have a house in every place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to take a moment and reflect on your blessing/likes. We - at least I do- focus too much on the things I dislike. I wonder why this is?? I have gone to Seattle two weekends in a row and I always feel excited to go, it still feels like home and I still long for a life that no longer exists there....but as I begin my drive back over the mountains to this side and slowly the crowded city, traffic, & busyness fade into long stretches of farm land, orchards, and just a few cars I start to realize there are many things I like about living on this side as well and look forward to coming back to my home where I can look out at the mountains & Methow River etc.....I try to remind myself there are always pros/cons to every situation :)

    ReplyDelete