Friday, April 11, 2014

Country Houses

We've just returned from a little trip up north to Lincoln, Yorkshire, Northumberland and Scotland. All in one week! It was a whirlwind tour, but we very much enjoyed it. We enjoyed it so much we ended up with hundreds of pictures. While Mike gets started sorting through those for me, I thought I'd share some of the cute little houses we saw on our trip.
It was kind of killing me a little inside that we had to pass by so many amazingly cute places without taking a picture. Inevitably, they'd be located on a road with absolutely zero shoulder or place to pull over for miles. So these first houses are located in the town of Lincoln where we were on foot.
The original Roman arch completes the atmosphere, don't you think?
This is a continuation of my fascination with skinny houses. What do you think home 60 1/2 looks like inside?
I think these next houses are in Yorkshire.


One day Mike and I visited Holy Island. It has a smallish castle, which was renovated in the early 1900s as a holiday home.
It fits my image of what an English country home kitchen might look like.

I'm sad I don't have more pictures of all the beautiful country homes we saw. Maybe someday I'll be back doing a lot more walking, and a lot less driving, and then I'll get my chance.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully when you go back I can go with you! ;) I am just swooning over all of those darling stone houses. And I really think the owners of 60 1/2 should offer tours - or at least have a Pinterest board. (Actually, I think I will go search "skinny houses" on Pinterest right now!)

    Can't wait to see more photos of your travels!

    ReplyDelete