Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day Out Cambridge

We spent our first family weekend in England exploring our new hometown of Cambridge.
 Mike and I started off the day with some shopping, so the girls could spend their Saturday morning in their pjs. I was most excited about this oilcloth material we saw at John Lewis. We were practical though, and instead bought a mixer, blender and microwave from one of the many charity shops nearby. I still might go back and buy something for a tablecloth though.
 Just strolling down a cute little path in central Cambridge.
 By the time we went back home to pick up the girls, the weather was looking a little iffy, so we decided a trip to one of Cambridge's many museums was in order. The Fitzwilliam is a great museum, with famous impressionist paintings, and Egyptian and Roman collections, among other things. Camille was able to show me that she had learned a few things in her social studies Egyptian lessons last year.

One of my girls enjoyed our museum trip more than the other.
 Resting our tired feet. We are needing to build up our muscles now that we rely on walking to get everywhere we go. The end of every day, I am tired. And it's not just from my jetlag.
I just like this statue. I didn't even note who did it or anything about it.
 Trekking home from the museum.

We had to stop by this shop that sells Japanese erasers on our way home, so Anya could spend some money that was burning a hole in her pocket.
And lastly, here's Camille in the park Jesus Green. Speaking of, I'm so enjoying being surrounded by green again, after spending the last 7 years in dry (but sunny!) SoCal.

We still have a lot to see in Cambridge, but next weekend we might be adventurous and try something a little farther afield.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely go back for the oilcloth! It looks like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day and some of the pictures actually make it look sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks like you are having an adventure every day. The girls looks happy, mostly. I wish I could tag along for a walk around the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how awesome that you have new places to explore and all these adventures.....i have adventures but not any blog worthy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, not true! I'm dying to find all the details of your deck project and wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete