Saturday, May 17, 2014

Yellow: What I'm Seeing Now

Everywhere you go in England in April and May- well, everywhere I've gone - the countryside is a patchwork of green and yellow. The yellow is a crop called oilseed rape.
I've heard it described as a "love it or you hate it" plant. I love yellow, so I like seeing the squares of yellow fields all over. I'm not sure why people hate it. Allergies? Don't like yellow? Don't want the landscape of green fields interrupted? 
I just thought I'd share what England looks like right now from the train window or driving down the dual carriageway (that's "highway" for you American folks).

5 comments:

  1. Well, I definitely love the yellow! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too, how can anyone not like yellow, it's so cheery! I can understand if its allergies though, those arent fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is interesting to me because one if the magazines I read encouraged people in England to plant oilseed rape because it is dying out. Obviously not in your neck of the woods! :) I think it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is shocking to me Shannon, because I see it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can a person not like those beautiful fields of flowers. I guess some people are hard to please.

    ReplyDelete